Otaniemi campus area parking practices to be harmonised at the turn of the year
NB! News and parking practices have been updated 15 February 2024. Current information will be found on this page.
Parking practices in the Otaniemi area will be harmonised in a new pilot project starting on 1 January 2024, during which information and experiences on campus parking will be collected.
In the pilot project, most of the outdoor parking areas currently requiring parking discs will be subject to a charge after the turn of the year. The parking spaces requiring parking discs at the A Bloc or A Blanc shopping centres will not be subject to a charge The pilot project will also not apply to parking spaces for Aalto University staff, where a separate parking permit symbol (sticker) is required. All parking areas subject to a charge can be found on the map below.
From 1 January 2024 onwards, parking in parking spaces will cost €1 per hour or €45 per month. For a monthly fee, you can park your car in any chargeable parking space in the Otaniemi area. All parking will be paid for through the payment service providers EasyPark and Parkman. Parking in the Otaniemi campus area is controlled by the City of Espoo.
Fees for parking spaces subject to a charge
- Monday-Friday 8:00–18:00 €1/ hour + payment service provider's service charge
- monthly fee €45/month + payment service provider's service charge
Otaparkki to offer new garage spaces
There will be more parking options in the Otaniemi campus area when the Otaparkki parking garage (Sähkömiehentie 3) opens on 1 January 2024. Otaparkki will offer 260 parking spaces subject to a charge for all car users on the Otaniemi campus, 20 of which will be Plugit charging points for electric and hybrid cars. There is a 3-hour parking limit for electric car charging points in Otaparkki. Find out more from the vehicle charging price list. Otaparkki also offers 15 bicycle parking spaces.
Otaparkki will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and parking in the garage will be subject to a charge on weekdays between 8.00 and 18.00. Access to the garage will be barrier-free. All Otaparkki parking will be paid for through the payment service providers EasyPark or Parkman.
Parking fees for Otaparkki parking garage
- Monday-Friday 8:00–18:00 €1.50/ hour + payment service provider's service charge
- monthly fee €90/month + payment service provider's service charge
Changes to parking practices in the pilot project from 1 January 2024
Parking for Aalto staff:
- Staff will be able to park free of charge in parking spaces where a separate Aalto University parking permit is required.
- A completely new parking area will be opened for staff when the car park in front of Otakaari 8 is allocated for staff use from 1 January 2024. However, parking in the area requires a permit from Aalto University. Existing users of the chargeable parking area at Otakaari 8 will be directed to park in the Otaparkki garage.
Parking for Aalto University partners:
- A Grid tenants will be directed to park in outdoor parking spaces or in the Otaparkki garage.
Parking for non-Aalto staff or partners:
- Guests of staff and partners, for example, will be directed to park in outdoor parking spaces or in the Otaparkki garage at an hourly rate.
There are several parking spaces available in Otaniemi. On the map below you can see the parking spaces in the area. You can also download the map from the pdf file below.