One euro for every student—how should Aalto University spend it? Submit your ideas by 30.5.2021
Imagine. Develop. Vote.
Submit your ideas on how to use 12 000 euros of the university budget through the comment section at the bottom of this article (requires logging in). But before you do that, please read through the guidelines below.
What is possible
Students are encouraged to propose ideas that promote student wellbeing. But don’t let the theme limit your creativity! You can draw from any of Aalto’s three values–responsibility, courage, and collaboration. Please also consider the inclusivity, accessibility and sustainability of your idea.
Ideas can be...
- Physical things (indoors and/or outdoors)
To advance to the voting phase, ideas must be feasible, located on Aalto University property, fit within the 12 000 € budget and be implementable in autumn 2021 or early 2022.
More about what makes an idea feasible:
- The proposal should not require extensive construction measures, foundations or building permits (e.g., an installed bench with a foundation is a no-go vs. mobile furniture is doable).
- The proposal should be implementable within the properties of Aalto University. You can access a map that illustrates the properties owned by the university here.
- Please note that the 12 000 € budget excludes VAT, and the proposal’s price including VAT may exceed the budget.
Want to know more? Write your questions to the Q&A section in the comment section below or contact Aapo Pihkala, Project Manager at Aalto University Campus & Real Estate (ACRE)
How it works
Students can submit their ideas until 30.05.2021. There are two options for sharing your idea.
Submit your ideas to the below comment section before 30.05.2021. Please login to see the comment section.
All submissions should include...
- A description of the idea
- Benefits of the idea
- Information on whether we may contact you via Aalto email to co-develop the idea (a brief yes/no is sufficient)
If you do not want to share your idea in the comment section at the end of this article, you can submit your idea anonymously before 30.05.2021 through this survey. Administrators will strive to add the anonymous proposals to the below conversation thread.
- During the summer, experts from Aalto, ACRE and AYY will evaluate which ideas are feasible, within budget and could be implemented in autumn 2021.
- Students and experts may also have a chance to co-develop fairly realistic ideas into fully feasible proposals.
- In autumn 2021, students can vote for their favourite proposals.
- Aalto will immediately begin the process of implementing the proposal(s) with the most votes.
Read more news
The winner of the 2022 participatory budgeting vote was determined at the end of November. Resting and daytime naps became the winning theme this year.